Level 1 Award in Alcohol Awareness
The Award in Alcohol Awareness is suitable for individuals that are wanting to work in the Licensed Retail Industry, It is essential that staff authorised to sell alcohol have a sound knowledge and understanding of the Law and the responsibilities connected with the activity under the Licensing Act 2003.
BIIAB has developed the BIIAB Level 1 ARAR in response to industry-wide training requirements to demonstrate commitment to responsible alcohol retailing. This award enables candidates to:
- Understand the main points of licensing law.
- Recognise the responsibilities associated with the retail sale of alcohol.
- Understand their duties concerning under-age sales and serving persons who are drunk.
- Support the designated premises supervisor to retail alcohol responsibly.
The BIIAB Level 1 ARAR provides additional protection to licensed premises operators and candidates alike as it contains 3 mandatory questions that ensure every candidate fully understands the legislation concerning underage sales, serving persons who are drunk and the licensing objectives.
The qualification covers the following areas:
- The nature of alcohol and the effect that it has on the human body.
- The main issues in the 2003 Licensing Act as they relate to alcohol retailers and servers.
- Licensing law in relation to the protection of children from harm.
- The social responsibilities relating to the retail sale of alcohol.
- How to recognise drunkenness, and your duty not to serve drunk customers.
- Appropriate strategies that can be adopted to prevent or eliminate alcohol-related crime and conflict and the importance of personal safety.
At the end of the course you will sit an exam. The exam consists of 2 parts a total of 25 questions.
Please click here to find out when the next available courses are!
Download a training course application here
APPROVED TO ADMINISTER