Level 2 Award in CCTV Operations
(Public Space Surveillance)
The Level 2 Award in CCTV Operations (Public Space Surveillance) Consists of 3 units that are credit based.
1. Working in the private security industry. (1 Credit)
- Know the purpose and Main features of the Private Security Industry.
- Understand the legislation that is relevant.
- Understand relevant Aspects of Health and Safety in the work place.
- Know how to apply the principles of fire safety.
- Know how to deal with non-fire-related workplace emergencies.
- Understand the principles of effective communication and customer care in the private security industry.
2. Working as a CCTV Operator (2 Credit)
- Understand CCTV Codes of Practice, Operational Procedures and Guidelines.
- Understand relevant Legislation and how it impacts on CCTV operations.
- Understand the Roles and Responsibilities of the CCTV Operator and other CCTV staff.
- Understand the Characteristics of a CCTV system.
- Understand how to make effective use of CCTV equipment.
- Understand Emergency Procedures in the CCTV Control Room.
3. Practical Operation of CCTV equipment (1 Credit)
- Be able to operate CCTV equipment.
- Be able to demonstrate operational use of CCTV System.
There will be 2 multiple choice exams for units 1+2 and a Practical assessment for unit 3. All 3 units must be achieved to gain the qualification, to apply for an SIA license the qualification must be completed in full.
Please click here to find out when the next available courses are!
Download a training course application here
APPROVED TO ADMINISTER