Level 2 Award in Security Guarding
The Level 2 Award in Security Guarding consists of 3 units that are credit based.
1. Working in the private security industry. (1 Credit)
- Know the purpose and Main features of the Private Security Industry.
- Understand the legislation that is relevant.
- Understand relevant Aspects of Health and Safety in the work place.
- Know how to apply the principles of fire safety.
- Know how to deal with non-fire-related workplace emergencies.
- Understand the principles of effective communication and customer care in the private security industry.
2. Working as a security officer (1 Credit)
- Understand the role of a security officer within the private security industry.
- Understand the importance of, and reasons for patrolling.
- Understand how to control access to and egress from a site.
- Understand basic search procedures.
- Understand the purpose and function of different types of technology, security and monitoring systems in the security environment.
- Understand the law and its relevance to the role of a security officer.
- Understand the importance and purpose of reporting and record keeping.
3. Conflict management for the private security industry (1 Credit)
- Understand the principles of conflict management appropriate to their role.
- Understand how to recognise, assess and reduce risk in conflict situations and de-escalate conflict.
- Understand how to communicate effectively in emotive situations and de-escalate.
- Understand how to develop and use problem solving strategies for resolving conflict.
- Understand good practice to follow after conflict situations.
There will be 3 multiple choice exams for each unit 1-3. All 3 credits must be achieved to gain the qualification, to apply for an SIA license the qualification must be completed in full.
Please click here to find out when the next available courses are!
Download a training course application here
APPROVED TO ADMINISTER